Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bowls full of Fall

Wow! Can't believe November is already apon us, that means more crock pot cooking, found this recipe in my Taste of Homes Magazine thought I'd share it. It also makes the house smell wonderful!

Bowl full of Fall

--1 pound sausage (I used chicken and apple, Gluten Free)
--1 large, or 2 small apples, chopped (no need to peel)
--1 yellow onion, chopped
--1/2 cup chopped carrots
--3 cups already cooked long-grain rice (I used brown long grain rice)
--1/2 cup raisins
--1 T dried parsley flakes
--1 T brown sugar
--1/2 tsp allspice
--1/2 tsp cinnamon
--1/4 tsp black pepper
--1/3 cup chicken broth or water (I used chicken broth)

Dump all the ingredients into the crock pot and stir. Cook on low for 5-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.




No comments:

Post a Comment