Wednesday, September 21, 2011

MMm Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup

I love pumpkin! I love carving pumpkins, decorating with pumpkins, and especially eating pumpkin! This was the yummiest dinner I made for tonight. I was craving something sweet! Oh and btw, this made an awesome aroma inside the kitchen! I will definitely make it a few more times before Thanksgiving! Lately I feel like I’ve got to fill myself with all the pumpkin I can before then!

                                                   
First of all, I cheated, I bought a bulk pkg of "Stonewall Kitchen Pumpkin Pancake mix" on amazon a couple of months ago because they were having a good deal on it. You can also make belguim waffles too, as I do with my maker, but I was in the mood for pancakes, and plus you can eat more that way!

I did however make my own syrup. Here's the recipe:
Cinnamon Syrup:
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
1tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup water

Stir all ingredients together in a small saucepan. Over medium heat, stir occasionally until boiling. Let it boil for a few minutes while stirring until it thickens. Remove from heat and set aside until needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment