Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Lovin the Foreman!

Cheesy Chicken, Bacon & Avocado Quesadillas



4 medium-sized flour tortilla shells or corn tortilla's for (gluten free)
1 lb chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
salt and pepper
8 strips of bacon, cooked & crumbled
1 avocado, diced
mild cheddar cheese, shredded


I love fast nights mainly because I use my George foreman grill which I got for my parent's last Christmas, but I'm the only one that uses it, so in that case I take advantage of it!

We have panini's once a week with either soup, or fruit.

Plug in the George foreman, spray with Pam Butter and wait till it heats up.
1. Tbsp oil in frying pan, saute the chicken first, i also season it at this time. Cover and cook until chicken is lightly brown and crisp.
2. Cook the bacon, I use the microwave because it's faster but you can do it either way.
3. Slice up the avocado
4, Layer one side of the tortilla with chicken, bacon, avocado, and a little cheese. Use tongs to flip the other half of the tortilla over and press down. Cook the tortilla for about 1-2 mins on each side or until golden brown and crispy.

Serves 4, but I double the recipe because it always goes fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment