Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Mom's Requested Birthday Dish

Cannot believe my mother is 57, although she doesn't look like it. Now I feel old...lol.

My mom requested that I made this side dish for her birthday dinner tonight. Since this goes really fast in our household I decided to make a double batch.

Broccoli Salad
 

  • 2-3 bunches of broccoli, raw and cut into bite size pieces (not a lot of the stem)
  • 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 small red onion, chopped into small pieces
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons white vinegar
 Directions:
  • In a large bowl, mix chopped raw broccoli, cooked bacon, chopped onion, raisins and sunflower seeds and set aside.
  • In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sugar and white vinegar to make the dressing. Pour over the broccoli mixture and mix well.
  • Refrigerate for a few hours so flavors mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment