Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pesto Chicken Stuffed Pasta Shells


 
I LOVE Pesto... Like really seriously love Pesto... I can eat it out of the jar and be perfectly happy!!!



 
You Will Need:
-1 box of Jumbo Pasta shells (I bought the Great Value Walmart brand and they worked fine)
-4oz softened cream cheese (That’s half of a block)
-1 cup of fresh Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup for topping (Unfortunately, that does not mean the green bottle stuff…dang)
-3 Tablespoons of Pesto (I always buy the Classico brand. It is my favorite and personally I think it’s the best)
-2 cups of shredded cooked chicken
-Garlic (Original recipe calls for 2 cloves of garlic minced. Who actually buys/has garlic cloves? Not this girl. So of course I just threw in some garlic powder)
-Salt and Pepper to taste
 
 
Directions:
-Cook pasta shells according to package, but only until al dente. Don’t overcook!
-Cook chicken & cut up/shred
-In a large bowl mix together Pesto, cream cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, and chicken
-Grease a 9×13 baking dish
-Fill shells with Pesto/chicken mix and place in the baking dish
-Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-Bake for 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment