Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Ups and Downs of the toddler room!

The Ups of Toddlers:

·      They are adorable! Pretty much anything they do is cute and makes me smile! I just love photographing them, because it always turns out cute.
·      They're just learning to talk, and it's amazing to watch their vocabulary explode (and their personalities emerge).
·      Everything is full of wonder; it helps me slow down and enjoy the little things in life with them.
·      They’re much more prone to hugging and snuggling.
·      They’ve had so little life experience and are incredibly easy to influence and shape them for the best.

The Downs of Toddlers:

·      Diaper changing times 5 times a day!
·      The urge to dump things on the floor trumps the clean-up song.
·      Separation anxiety is still very much in play.
·      Repetitive books and songs I get stuck in my head.
·      They have begun to learn the word “No”

1 comment:

  1. And that is exactly why you are meant to be in the toddler room! You and Beth both are saints. Your list of positives out weight the negatives when some days I feel like my toddler is a little monster! Thank you for loving my child unconditionally even through the no's, dumping toys, the 8th time of reading the dump truck books.....and all those poopy diapers!

    ReplyDelete