Monday, September 15, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies

It's been a little while since I've updated the blog, I've been fighting off a nasty fall cold some of the kiddo's gave me. Nothing a little vicks vapor rub and cough drops can't handle. I need to stay on my A game though and take care of myself because I've planned so many activities, babysitting and taking classes at my church. I'm taking this Monday night class Dave Ramsey Financial Peace with my dad learning about how I can save my money better and plan for the future it's interesting, glad though I'm going into it debt free though it makes things so much more easier.

I know one thing is for sure I need to stop purchasing so many items for my classroom and the kids, sometimes I just can't help it but I need to at least try. So I may be asking for some donations per month of things we need for either sensory or art projects etc. And I want to thank you in advance.

So this weekend, I made these delicious cookies and I would have shared them with the toddlers but I ended up bringing them to my Grandma at Vintage Hills and we ate them with her friends, but don't worry your toddler will get to try these next week and we will see who likes pumpkin and who doesn't.


Ingredients

1 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 pkg Jello Instant Pumpkin Spice Pudding mix (3.4oz)  
(I buy the pudding on Amazon, but you can find it at Target and Hyvee as well)
2 cups instant oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips (If desired)

Instructions

Beat butter, sugars, and eggs until light and fluffy. Add dry ingredients and blend well. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake- these will be puffy when fresh out of the oven, allow them to cool and settle on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to fully cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment