Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Parmesan-Roasted Acorn Squash


This is definitely the season to go into "squash overload" mode, as I always do.  There are just so many ways to cook squash...just make sure you try this one.




Parmesan-Roasted Acorn Squash
Serves Four



1 2-pound acorn squash-halved, seeded & sliced 3/4" thick
2 Tablespoons olive oil
8 sprigs fresh thyme
Kosher salt and black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese



Heat oven to 400 Degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash with the oil, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.



Roast the squash until golden brown and tender, 20-30 minutes. Will depend on your oven.

This afternoon while I was cleaning the room , I setup water painting, a clean fun activity. Some of them got a little wet during the process, but loved playing in the water today! Just a heads up tomorrow, I will have my scheduled day off tomorrow, so I think Miss Molly, or Miss Deb will be in the room. I'll be spending the day with my Grandma!




No comments:

Post a Comment